Friday, May 22, 2015

How to Build Habits of Moderation

Below is a blog article from Scott Young. I happen to see the majority of what he writes as accurate, although I do often disagree with his specifics.

Here the advice is good, even if the model (willpower as a depletable resource) seems flawed in my opinion. I prefer to use An opportunity cost model of subjective effort and task performance to model willpower.

How to Build Habits of Moderation
Nearly every person I’ve ever met has self-professed bad habits they feel unable to control. Maybe it’s not even an addiction, just something simple like using your phone too much or watching too much television.
Do you have any bad habits? Could you follow the advice in the article to change them?

As the tagline for this blog above states, "Expect more from yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment